What You Need vs. What You Want - The Power of Setting a Goal in Crowdfunding
Ever feel like you’re asking for too much? Or do you aim too low because you’re afraid of falling short of your goals? Worry no more. Our brand-new targets let you tell your supporters exactly how much you need, while inspiring your supporters to chip in for a home run!
After all, nothing is impossible in the world of crowdfunding! A model of a Tyrannosaurus rex with Christopher Walken’s head raised $2,000 just last week…
Upgrade that fundraiser
But imagine if they were to reach a “target” of $1,200 alongside their “tilt” of $800! They’d be able to upgrade their parties to a luxury, top-floor suite complete with a jacuzzi and unlimited bar tab. This party sounds like too much fun for even Jennifer Lawrence to handle.
- Crowdfunding a surprise gift for your graduating friend? Set the tilt at $800 (the minimum cost for a nice laptop). But set the “target” as $1,200, and cross your fingers for an upgrade to the Macbook Air! She’ll be overwhelmed.
- Fundraising for a local family in need? Instead of taking whatever you can get, set a target too. If you hit $700, you’ll be able to throw in some Christmas presents.
- Crowdfunding a party? ($200) Aim for $400 to upgrade your drinks, and decorations. You could even throw in a… festive mime?
Telling your supporters your “target” helps you make an awesome goal even better. It’s clear. It’s effective. And it’s judgement free :)
Really, don’t be shy.
"Target" helped this real life campaign raise $48,097 more than its tilt…
[Click here to read the compassionate story behind this boat fundraiser.]
Boldly speak up about your goals. Here’s how:
Target comes in 3 easy steps:
- Fill in your tilt amount when you set up your Crowdtilt.
- Fill in your target amount too!
- (Optional) Encourage your supporters to contribute to the target in your description.
It’s that easy!
Finally, here’s a gallery of high-fives to encourage you through your tilting journeys!
(At Crowdtilt we’re all about high-fives)
You may be small, but you are filled with power.
Puppy eyeing your way to the top? #respect
We’re going nuts over you :)
You plunged straight in.
To make giant things happen.
You’re so awesome, we can’t bear it.
Neigh-ver again should you dare to dream small.
Because you are pure fierceness in disguise.
Keep reaching for the stars,
P.S. If you haven’t heard about David Henneberry’s boat in TIME, Bloomberg, or Buzzfeed yet, read about it here. It’s so inspiring it would be a crime not to.
Give Amazing Christmas Gifts: Ferrari Rentals, iPad Mini, Skydiving…
Do things differently this Christmas season and go beyond the traditional dress shirt, coffee mug, or engraved pen. Pool money with your group and give a jaw-dropping present instead!
- Brand New iPad Mini (Suggested tilt: $329)
- Stylish Coach Handbag (Suggested tilt: $274)
- Personal Golf Lesson with a PGA Pro (Suggested tilt: $129)
- Exciting Skydiving Experience (Suggested tilt: $399)
- Unforgettable Day-Long Ferrari Rental (Suggested tilt: $599)
You can find more ideas on sites like www.gifts.com or www.ftd.com. Once you’ve found that perfect present, use Crowdtilt to easily split the cost with friends, relatives, or co-workers! Start your campaign now.
Subscribe to our blog to learn how Crowdtilt can help you and your group #DoMoreTogether
Throw the Biggest Tailgate for Your Upcoming Bowl Championship Game
Overtime wins, last-minute interceptions, and missed field goals… ah, the excitement of college football! As the regular season draws to an end, we hope your team earned enough W’s to claim a spot in one of the upcoming bowl championships.
If you were one of the many tailgaters that pooled money for your tailgate on Crowdtilt during the regular season (find out 5 great reasons why you should too), we bet that you were able to do so with more ease than other tailgaters around you, who had to painstakingly collect cash and checks in person.
Since a trip to the bowl championship will bring out the most loyal and dedicated fan in you, let Crowdtilt help you easily pool money with your group for:
- Shared expenses for your biggest and most awesome tailgate of the season.
- A bus or van to take you and your group to the game.
- Hotel accommodations or house rental for the complete experience.
- Group tickets to keep all your seats together.
Start a campaign now to plan your upcoming trip or tailgate with your group. #DoMoreTogether
How to Tilt Thanksgiving This Year
It’s the time of year to reflect and give thanks for the good things in our lives. Let Crowdtilt help you spend the week with friends & family, eat well, relax, and give back to others. Start your campaign to:
- Raise money with friends or co-workers for a family in need (Suggested tilt: Any amount helps)
- Pool money for a Thanksgiving dinner with friends (Suggested tilt: $350)
- Fundraise for charity or a local organization (Suggested tilt: $1,500)
- Put on your own Macy’s Thanksgiving parade in your city (Suggested tilt: $27,500,000)
- Collect money for your upcoming ski house rental (Suggested tilt: $2,000)
And if you’re raising money for Sandy-related causes, make sure to use promo code “sandyrecovery" to have ALL fees waived. Yes, we’re waiving all fees for Sandy relief efforts. Read more on this here.
- Marek & The Crowdtilt Team
3 Great Websites for Your Next Beach Trip
Fresh squeezed orange juice. Palm trees waiving in the wind. Warm sand between the toes. What do you want your perfect beach weekend to look like?
*** Follow Crowdtilt on Twitter here ***
With the hottest summer months yet to come, a nice get-away can be just the needed relaxation and change you need after some hard weeks at work (or school!)
Here are a couple of sites that will help you find the perfect spot for you and your friends.
- Airbnb - If you’ve never heard of this website, make sure to check it out! You can find some great condos and villas at really low prices here.
- Homeaway - One of the largest directories of vacation homes and condos. If you can’t find it on here… it most likely doesn’t exist ;)
- Hotels.com - If you are looking for the traditional experience, this website is still probably the most encompassing website for hotels out there.
There are plenty of other websites that will help you find good deals as well, but the three above are the best ones out there.
If you still haven’t made any plans for July 4th, this could be the perfect excuse to grab a few friends and get away for a few days :)