Fundraising on Crowdtilt just went to a completely different level…
- You can fundraise on behalf of any registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Crowdtilt will automatically disburse funds directly to the non-profit organization
- And Crowdtilt will now automatically send tax-deductible receipts to donors
This means you can now start a fundraiser for the Red Cross or Salvation Army for you and friends on Crowdtilt without worrying about how to transfer the funds or how contributors will claim a tax-deductible donation receipt when your campaign succeeds. It’s all automatically handled through Crowdtilt! Isn’t that awesome? We think so too :)
Why are we doing this?
This enormous improvement to Crowdtilt has been spurred by your incredible fundraising efforts for causes and non-profits on Crowdtilt.com, as well as the massive adoption for Hurricane Sandy-related relief efforts. Over the last few weeks, the Crowdtilt community has collectively raised more than $180,000 for those affected by the Hurricane! While there are many noteworthy campaigns, both big and small, we wanted to highlight a few of our favorites:
- 10,000 Lights for Children
- iPad Brigade – Helping Teachers Impacted By Sandy Rebuild Their Classrooms
- Hurricane Sandy Help Fund
With Crowdtilt, we set out to build the web’s simplest and most effective collaboration tool around money, and today’s news is a big step in the direction of collaboration around charitable giving, just in time for the holidays! Read more about Crowdtilt & non-profits here or subscribe to our blog.
We can’t wait to see what this new functionality will make possible for you and your group this holiday season.